Placing, Consolidating and Pumping Air Entrained ConcretePurchase Education Pass
Tuesday, March 10 • 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Location: South Hall - S232
Title: Placing, Consolidating and Pumping Air Entrained Concrete
There is a lot of confusion surrounding placing, pumping, and vibrating air entrained concrete. This seminar, presented by one of the industry's leading experts, will dispel those myths and get to the facts to take advantage of effective placing methods. Understand all the factors such as the concrete mixture itself, types of admixtures, slump, combined aggregate grading, pumping rate and pressure, the rate of depressurization, angle of the boom, the length of free-fall, and the manner in which the concrete exits the line.
1. Know when changes in air content mean changes in freeze-thaw durability.
2. Plan pumping operations to minimize effects on air entrained concrete.
3. Speak-up in pre-pour conferences about how non-standard, point-of-placement test-methods change the test results.
Type: CONEXPO-CON/AGG Education
- ACPA (American Concrete Pumping Association)
- NRMCA (National Ready Mix Concrete Association)
- PCA (Portland Cement Association)